Johnny Depp today took revenge on his ex-wife Amber Heard from the stand, accusing her of drinking two bottles of wine a night, chopping up his lines of cocaine and taking them herself, secretly filming him, having an affair and irrationally flying off the handle if he did not feed her ‘need for attention’.
The Hollywood legend was re-examined by his barrister at the High Court in London after days of damaging allegations by his ex-wife Heard that he attacked her on 14 separate occasions in his libel action against The Sun.
He accused the 34-year-old actress of undermining his effort to go sober by keeping a bottle of Bulleit bourbon in the fridge for him as she drank up to three bottles of wine a night and routinely took recreational drugs.
Depp claimed that Heard ‘definitely poured me whisky’ and chopped cocaine for him before rubbing it ‘on her gum’ as the High Court heard about her ‘history of substance abuse, including addiction to cocaine and liquor’.
The 57-year-old actor said his ex-wife would go ballistic at ‘small, mundane issues’ such as whether she took his boots off or whether he put his arm around her while watching TV on the sofa.
He told the High Court today: ‘It was almost as if there were rules, she has a routine and if that routine isn’t met to her standards then there was going to be a problem.’
Depp’s barrister David Sherborne asked what would happen if he broke his ex-wife’s ‘rules’, to which Depp replied: ‘An argument would ensue and all hell would break loose.’
The actor also claimed that Heard repeatedly secretly filmed him and claimed that his notorious video rant shown to court on Tuesday in which he said ‘I’ll give you f***ing crazy’ had ‘nothing to do with’ Heard.
Fielding questions from Sherborne, he told the High Court: ‘The monster story was something that Ms Heard…
she rather liked the idea that I was the monster.
‘If you have had an argument and you are trying to explain your position in an argument and things do escalate, that for her would become the monster.
‘Any time I didn’t comply or agree with what was her position, then she would call it the monster and then the monster grew from there into this whole whatever she wanted it to be, and she used it quite a lot.’
Depp is suing The Sun for libel after it labelled him a ‘wife beater’.
He has called the accusation ‘utter falsity’ and ‘fraudulent’ and has claimed Heard abused him throughout their marriage.
Other developments in court today included:
- Depp was accused of throwing a phone at Amber Heard and calling her ‘Amber Turd’ after she allegedly defecated in their bed after a blazing row on her 30th birthday party;
- He showed up two hours late to the birthday party after receiving some ‘bad financial news’ and retired to bed after her guests had gone instead of celebrating with her;
- She accuses him of throwing a magnum of champagne at her and pulling her hair in the ensuing row;
- The next day, Depp discovered someone – he believed Heard – had defecated in their marital bed;
- Defecation made him settle on divorce before Heard accused him of throwing a phone at her in a later row;
- Trans activist iO Tillet Wright and fighter Raquel Pennington were present during alleged phone throwing;
- All three claim Depp assaulted Heard in May 2016 incident; he has accused them of ‘choreographed hoax’;
- Depp threatened to ‘slice off’ Elon Musk’s ‘d***’ in rant to Lady Gaga’s ex-fiance, High Court heard;
- 57-year-old actor accused Heard of having affair with SpaceX founder, which billionaire Musk denies.
Johnny Depp leaves the High Court in London today after his fourth day on the stand in his blockbuster libel trial
Amber Heard leaving the High Court in London for a hearing in Depp’s libel case against the publishers of The Sun
The 34-year-old actress and her ‘Team Heard’ arriving at the High Court (far right, her lawyer Jennifer Robinson)
Depp has accused Heard (right) and her friends including trans activist iO Tillet Wright (left) of ‘defecating’ in their marital bed after he turned up two hours late ‘drunk and high on drugs’ to Heard’s 30th birthday party in April 2016.
He then ‘resolved’ to divorce Heard. Depp has been accused of then smashing a phone into Heard’s face as he went to pick up his personal belongings at her LA home in May 2016. The Sun’s QC said MMA fighter Raquel Pennington (centre), a friend of Heard’s who lived nearby, came into the apartment during the alleged incident after receiving a text from Wright, who was also present.
All three claim Depp assaulted Heard. He has accused all three of participating in a ‘choreographed hoax’
"activeClass" : "wocc",
"pageCount" : "3.0",
"pageSize" : 1,